Manufacturer: Pro Sci
Shipping: Cold Gel Packs
Junctional complexes between the plasma membrane (PM) and endoplasmic/sarcoplasmic reticulum (ER/SR) are a common feature of all excitable cell types and mediate cross talk between cell surface and intracellular ion channels. Junctophilins (JPs) are important components of the junctional complexes. JPs are composed of a carboxy-terminal hydrophobic segment spanning the ER/SR membrane and a remaining cytoplasmic domain that shows specific affinity for the PM. Four JPs have been identified as tissue-specific subtypes derived from different genes: JPH1 is expressed in skeletal muscle, JPH2 is detected throughout all muscle cell types, and JPH3 and JPH4 are predominantly expressed in the brain and contribute to the subsurface cistern formation in neurons. JPH1 is essential for stabilizing the T-tubule and SR membranes to form junctions and provide an environment for the assembly of receptors such as the ryanodine receptor type 1 (RyR1).
JPH1, Junctophilin 1, JP1, JP-1
JPH1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human JPH1.
Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality / Clone
This is a polyclonal antibody.
JPH1 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
JPH1 antibody can be used for detection of JPH1 by Western blot at 1 – 2 μg/ml.
E, WB, IHC
Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Cat.No. 4917P - JPH1 Peptide
JPH1 antibody can be stored at 4˚C, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Cat. No. 1210 - 293 Cell Lysate
H, M, R
Protein GI Number
Protein Accession Number
T tubule, SR membrane, sarcoplasmic reticulum
This product belongs to the following categories:
- Polyclonal Antibodies
- Signal Transduction Antibodies
- 293 Lysate
(Catalog No. 1210).
- JPH1 Peptide
(Catalog No. 4917P).
- JPH2 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4919).
- JPH3 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4921).
- JPH4 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4923).
- Takeshima H, Komazaki S, Nishi M, et al. Junctophilins: a novel family of junctional membrane complex proteins. Mol. Cell. 2000; 6:11-22.
- Kakizawa S, Kishimoto Y, Hashimoto K, et al. Junctophilin-mediated channel crosstalk essential for cerebellar synaptic plasticity. EMBO J. 2007; 26:1924-33.
- Nishi M, Sakagami H, Komazaki S, et al. Coexpression of junctophilin type 3 and type 4 in brain. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2003; 118:102-10.
- Phimister AJ, Lango J, Lee EH, et al. Conformation-dependent stability of Junctophilin 1 (JP1) and Ryanodine Receptor type 1 (RyR1) channel complex is mediated by their hyper-reactive thiols. J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282:8867-77.
|Size||Catalogue no||Price|| |
All prices shown are exlusive of VAT.